Welcome to the homepage of the Norwich Railway Heritage & Model Society.
The society traces its history, under various names, over many years and records exhibiting layouts in as early as 1957! Our modelling section is called “Norwich Model Railway Club”.
We aim to foster and further the interests of members and the public, in all aspects of railway modelling, prototype railways and allied pursuits. The modelling section caters for most model railway interests in steam, diesel and electric traction, historic or modern in O, OO, HO and N.
We currently have nine layouts:
- Acle- A OO gauge, modern image model of Acle station in Norfolk.
- Brooklands Park- A 00 gauge model of a large Eastern Region based through-station.
- Charleston- A N gauge twin-track oval layout.
- Eastport- An 0 gauge finescale terminus, again based in the Eastern Region.
- Obervaz- A HOm narrow gauge model, based upon the Rhatische Bahn in Switzerland.
- Woodford Halse- A 00 gauge finescale model of Woodford Halse station on the Great Central.
- The ‘New Layout’- A small 00 gauge layout, inspired by the Hornby ‘Build It’ series.
- The Test Track- An decagon [10-sided!] track, with 7 different gauges on offer, allowing anything to be run.
- ‘Arnold’s Layout’ – A 00 layout built in the late 1960’s by the late Arnold Hoskins, and donated to NORHAMS as a historical record of the early years of railway modelling.
Some evenings are spent working on the club’s layouts and informally discussing railways and modelling. The last Wednesday of each month is running night when members run their locos and stock on our layouts.
Our 2020 Exhibition will be held on the 4th April 2020, at the unchanged venue of Hellesdon High School, Middletons Lane, Norwich, NR6 5SB
A selection of approximately 15 layouts and full trade support will be attending- Further details to be released closer to the event.
Meetings are held at Rosebery Road Methodist Church every Wednesday from 7.30PM. Visitors are always welcome.