Welcome to the homepage of the Norwich Railway Heritage & Model Society.
The society traces its history, under various names, over many years and records exhibiting layouts in as early as 1957! Our modelling section is called “Norwich Model Railway Club”.
We aim to foster and further the interests of members and the public, in all aspects of railway modelling, prototype railways and allied pursuits. The modelling section caters for most model railway interests in steam, diesel and electric traction, historic or modern in O, OO, HO and N.
We currently have nine layouts:
- Acle- A OO gauge, modern image model of Acle station in Norfolk.
- Brooklands Park- A 00 gauge model of a large Eastern Region based through-station.
- Charleston- A N gauge twin-track oval layout.
- Eastport- An 0 gauge finescale terminus, again based in the Eastern Region.
- Obervaz- A HOm narrow gauge model, based upon the Rhatische Bahn in Switzerland.
- Woodford Halse- A 00 gauge finescale model of Woodford Halse station on the Great Central.
- The ‘New Layout’- A small 00 gauge layout, inspired by the Hornby ‘Build It’ series.
- The Test Track- An decagon [10-sided!] track, with 7 different gauges on offer, allowing anything to be run.
- ‘Arnold’s Layout’ – A 00 layout built in the late 1960’s by the late Arnold Hoskins, and donated to NORHAMS as a historical record of the early years of railway modelling.
Some evenings are spent working on the club’s layouts and informally discussing railways and modelling. The last Wednesday of each month is running night when members run their locos and stock on our layouts.
Exhibition & Club Update:
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing coronavirus situation, we have been forced to take the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 exhibition.
At present, we are hoping to re-arrange the exhibition largely intact in 2021, subject to availability and the support of layouts and traders.
Club meetings are also suspended until further notice.
Further details will be shared as soon as we have them.