Acle railway station was built in 1883 and is located on the Norwich to Great Yarmouth Wherry line. The line was originally opened by the Great Eastern Railway which became part of the London and North Eastern Railway (LNER) in 1923. The line then became part of the eastern region of British Railways during 1948.
Our layout measures 20ft by 8ft and is made up of 12 baseboards, and depicts the line in it’s current-day form.
We have chosen to implement a dual-control system, wherby the layout can controlled by either DC or Digital Command Control (DCC) allowing a variety of stock to be run.
This is the first of the club’s layout to be controlled by DCC which has been instigated by the layout’s builders. The layout is based in the steam/diesel transition era of late 1950’s/ early 1960’s.